Thursday, August 4, 2011

32 Years Already?

Hi my sweet bloggy friends! Today is my hubby's and my 32nd wedding anniversary! I can't believe that 32 yrs have gone by already. Here we are in 1977! I love this shiny polyester shirt hubby was wearing. Oh, I so wish I could still fit into that pink dress!
This is my daughter from my first marriage. She was 5 yrs old, when hubby and I started dating. Right from the start, they formed a special bond, and he treated her like his own daughter. We had gone to a picnic at the firehouse he was a volunteer member of, and he found her stuffed bunny. He walked around looking for her, with the bunny in one hand, and a drink in the other. I knew early on that he was the man I wanted to grow old with. Here she is at 7, and she was our sweet little flower girl at our wedding.



We had a small wedding, with just about 50 close friends and family. I so wanted to have a cream colored wedding gown, as I didn't get married the first time in a traditional gown. Some family members said, I shouldn't wear a gown as I was not a new bride so to speak. I shouldn't have listened, and did what I wanted. The end result was all that counted.





My mother-in-law dressed up our cake topper with some beaded flowers that she made. (click on pics to enlarge) Marriage for us has it's ups and downs like all marriages do. It takes work, and good communication. Don't sweat the small stuff, and try to compromise. I am not perfect, and neither is my hubby, but together we make it work. I hope to spend many more happy years with him!










8 comments:

Rebecca Nelson said...

Oh sweet friend...I have tears in my eyes. On September 8th my Mr. AGPMan and I will be married 33 years. I can't believe it. We have pictures similar to yours. Shiny shirts and 70's wallpaper to boot!

Marriage is challenging and I'm so grateful that my hubby and I survived the most challenging of days. Our faith carried us through and today we are happier than ever. I give the credit to Steven's deep, caring ways and giving spirit... He is amazing.

You look beautiful on your day...sniff....

Happy Anniversary to you and your beloved.

Love, Rebecca

Sunray Gardens said...

Happy anniversary. Lovely photos.
Cher Sunray Gardens

Lynn-Teacupstitches said...

Hello Debbie!
COngratulations to you and your beloved!!
Dave and I also shared our 32nd anniversary this year! Time sure does fly doesn't it :-)
Dave had the very same moustache as your hubby and it must have been the trend of the time!
Enjoy your precious day and I hope it is totally romantic!
32 Hugs . . .
Lynn

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Ah Debbie, I love reading about your love story. You make the cutest couple.
You are so right about what it takes to make a marriage work.

Happy Anniversary.

hugs
Sissie

Shari @ My Cottage of Bliss said...

Ohhhhhh geeeez, I'm late wishing you a happy anniversary! So sorry! Bad, bad me. :(

There are a couple photos in this post I've never seen! Ya'll look so young and if you are like me, I'm sure you wonder where the heck the years have gone.

Wedding etiquette has changed so drastically since we got married. Today a bride could be on her umpteenth marriage and no one would bat an eye if she wore a white or cream gown. Even though you didn't get to wear the gown of your dreams, you still looked beautiful!

Congratulations to you both!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Debbie,
Happy Anniversary!! Ours is coming up on the 12th!!

Hugs,
Debbie

C'est moi Claudette said...

Hello my dear friend. I'm here and want to wish you and hubby a beautiful year. 32 years WOW.
LOVE your daughter at 7. How cute. LOVE your dress and that topper is TDF.
I've missed you.
I started my posts on the Summer Breeze get together.
I'm exhausted in a good way.
xoxoxoxo

Lizabeth said...

We had our 33rd Anniversary in April! Hard to believe! So many things have taken place! Love your picture of you and your hubby with his shiny shirt! It's too bad people were so snobbish back then and pressed for their own opinions about what to wear for your own wedding! We were certainly were guided by a lot more do's and dont's than they are today! Either way, you both looked great! Happy Anniversary!