Friday, September 4, 2009

Pink Saturday

Hi, and welcome to another Pink Saturday hosted by Beverly of http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/ The first item is a lovely plate that I purchased from e-bay. Of course from the title of my blog, you can tell I love pink roses. I have an older home, and when we moved into the house, the dining room had molding and a shelf going all the way around the room, which gives me lots of space to display my plates. This wasn't too expensive, and I am really happy with it. (you may click on any picture to enlarge) Now, this one is a beauty. I also bought this one on e-bay. I think it was about $20. It has the most gorgeous cabbage roses on it. It is also like an irredescent or pearlized. It is one of my favorites. I nearly flipped when I opened the box when it arrived. Much prettier in person.

A pretty bouquet of flowers on my dining room table. I love fresh flowers. Check out the purple rose on the left side of the vase.


This is a pink Fenton hobnail bowl. I found this about a month ago in one of my favorite antique stores. I had been looking for pink milk glass, and just happened to come upon this. The price was $36. Worth it, but I didn't want to spend that much. I looked up and saw a sign, that read

all items 1/2 price! What??? I said, they can't be selling this for 1/2 price. So, I went up to the counter and asked. Yup, she said, this vendor has 1/2 off of everything. SOLD!! I was thrilled with it.

Thanks for coming by to visit! Don't forget and check out the other participants for more pink

surprises! Have a wonderful, happy, safe weekend!


Debbie






26 comments:

Vicki said...

Hi, Debbie,
You have many pretty pinks. I, too, have a weakness for roses. Your plates are gorgeous and the hobnail bowl is lovely. What a bargain, too. Have a great holiday weekend. Vicki

Regina said...

Lovely pink post.
Happy PS and a nice weekend.

w00ts up said...

Very pretty! Thanks for sharing!

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Happy Pink Saturday Debbie.
Love the post. Love the pink hob nail dish. I would've grabbed it for 1/2 price too. It is so soft and beautiful. Just colored beautifully. The flower bouquet is also beautiful. I love fresh flowers for any occasion, or for just no reason at all. Thanks for sharing. Please stop by and say hi. I would so love to have you visit. Country hugs, Sherry

Anonymous said...

beautiful pinks love the tray have a fab pink saturday

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

oohhhh gosh.. i think we have something in common.. we love pink pretties and we love cabbage roses! and your plates & bowl.. such great finds! I really love it! happy PS!

Kim said...

OMGosh.. That rose plate is so beautiful. The colors of the roses are so pretty.

Have a great Labor Day weekend!!

Char said...

Hello Debbie, your post today is so lovely all in pink. You found a gorgeous plate on ebay, very pretty, Happy Pink Saturday, Char

Unknown said...

Great Pink Post. Have a nice weekend. Happy Pink Saturday!!!

Claudia said...

My grandmother had a hobnail bowl like yours - brings back memories! I love your pretty plates - that second one is stunning. Happy Pink Saturday!

jeanne said...

Hi Debbie, your roses plates are beautiful. I can't resist a beautiful plate with roses either. Flowers make my heart sing, gorgeous. You were lucky to find the hobnail in pink. You got a great buy.
A sweet Pink Sat. post.

Hugs, Jeanne

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Debbie,
Very pretty china! I love pink roses too; they're my favourite! I also love Chintz. Seems you and I have a lot in common. The hobnail bowl is lovely too. Have a lovely Pink Saturday and long weekend.

Blessings,
Sandi

Cindy said...

Those are beautiful! I just love hand painted plates with roses!!

Julie said...

Love all your pink...I am having a-give-away to celebrate my 1 month Blogoversary.... so come on over and check it out... We will picking a winner Late Monday night , and posting the results then...
xoxo
Julie

Anonymous said...

How lucky are you to have found these gorgeous plates. And i mean gorgeous!

Happy Pink Week!

Li

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Very pretty , especially the first plate.

Caroline said...

I love all of your pinks! The plates are gorgeous and I have been wanting to find some of these to put in my buffet. What a deal on the pink hobnail..beautiful!

Deborah said...

That pink hobnail glass is unusual and beautiful. Definitely worth the price. the plates are gorgeous too. Looks like you all had a great time on your vacation. My son doesn't like antique or thrift shops at all either. He's 14. Looks like your daughter definitely got into the spirit of the thing though.
Happy Belated Pink Saturday.

bj said...

What pretty pinks you have here, Debbie.
Hope your week is going great!!

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Hi Debbie! I love the plates and the hobnail bowl! Gorgeous!...Debbie

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Debbie...

Oooh...what pretty pinks! Those plates are gorgeous and I just love your pretty pink milk glass...and what a deal you got on it!

Just wanted to say thank you for visiting and taking a peek at my autumn cloches...so nice to meet you too!

Warmest wishes and Happy Fall,
Chari

xinex said...

Your plates and the Fenton hobnail bowl are very pretty. Gorgeous flowers too!...Christine

bj said...

Hi..thinking of you, dear friend.
I've noticed you haven't posted in awhile and I pray things are ok with you and yours. Maybe just a little break?
hugs, bj

Elyse said...

hi debbie,

everything is so lovely. the dishes remind me of ones my great aunt had. beautiful colors.

enjoy them and your pretty posies, too!

xo

ROSE VINE COTTAGE said...

All of your dishes are so pretty!! Thanks so much for visiting me and I'm sorry I wasn't home when you stopped by(; I will hopefully be back to my regular blogging again now that things have settled down around here!
Hugs~Kelly

My Pink & Cream Cottage said...

Hi Debbie that hobnail bowl is simply stunning I have never seen one like that & at a bargain price cannot ask for more..... Your plates are also stunning something about roses I think. The fabric on my memory board I purchased here in Australia from a shop called *Spotlight* am not sure if you have them over your way or not but I think they are an Americian firm. They are in fact curtains which I bought super cheap on sale I think they cost about $4 fir twi curtains... a bargain...

Hope you had a great weekend...

Lyn xxx