Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Ahhh, Lemon Meringue Pie!

Lemon meringue pie is one of my favorites, and it just naturally goes with summer right? Hard to make on a humid day though. I wondered why the meringue wouldn't beat up as stiff, and would get little water beads on the top of it. Has something to do with the water molecules, and the humidity in the air. Who knew? But, today was the perfect day for it! I like to put little swirls on the top with the back of a spoon. That's how my mom always did it.



I found this pretty picture over at The Mennonite Girls can cook. I just thought it was the prettiest picture!





I love this vintage ad for lemon pie! I have always loved My-T-Fine pudding, and if they have it in the store, that's what I get. Fall is coming soon, and lots of baking will be done. I can't wait!!


Debbie








7 comments:

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

MMMMMMMMMMMMM definately one of my very favorites, especially for the summertime. YUM, thanks!

Mari said...

Ohhh it sure looks yummyyyyyyyy....
I to look forward to the fall, it's just perfect for baking and making all types of goodies !

Big Smiles~
Mari

Heirloom treasures said...

mmmm,one of my families favourites too. I'm making it to take to a friends luncheon in a couple of weeks. I think it's everyone's favourite.x

Musings from Kim K. said...

YUM! It's breakfast time at my house and I'd love a piece with a cup of morning coffee. Love the vintage ad too.

Shannon@Cozy Home Scenes said...

Lemon pie piled high with meringue is a favorite dessert at our house any time of the year. Yours looks very delicious. Thanks for the nice comment about our laundry room. -----
Shannon

Cheryl said...

YUM! You lucky duck! I spoke to a pal of mine recently... she said she had made lemon meringue cupcakes. She made lemon cupcakes, scooped out some of the center (once it was cooked---) filled it with some lemon filling. Once that was all done, added the meringue to the top. Sounds fabulous doesn't it! I have yet to make them, but I'm planning on it!
big hugs,
Cheryl

mia said...

The pie looks great, you can have a tea party with it. You could also use water beads to decorate the party.