Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Vintage Jewelry and Button Bracelets

I just love vintage jewelry! I am lucky to have some pieces of my mom's, that I inherited.  I found this image over at Pinterest, and I was just so excited about it, and had to share!


Oh my goodness, these are just gorgeous bracelets, made from vintage jewelry pieces! They are easy to make, and I plan on making one. You start with what they are calling a bracelet blank. They can be purchased from online jewelry making sites such as Rings and Things, or from e-bay.




 
 
 
 
They can be purchased in silver or goldtone, and basically you just glue your jewelry pieces to the flat part of the link.  I recommend using special jewelry adhesive, with can be purchased in crafts stores or the jewelry website I mentioned above. Just make sure that the jewelry you are using isn't valuable. Look in garage and estate sales. They often have pretty pieces you can use. I have also seen jewelry pieces adhered to floral stems to make flowers, then displayed in a vase! Unbelievable, what you can do with them. I have also seen these bracelets made with pretty vintage buttons.  If you make one I would love to see it! Thanks for coming by to visit!
 
 
Debbie

9 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

How fun! I can't wait to see your future bracelets.

Mom E. said...

I remember that in the 1960s the bracelet blanks were available. I love that idea! I too have some of my Mother's Jewelry and some other pieces I have picked up from here and there....I know how it all warms and excites your heart....my heart does it too!
Betsy

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Very cool idea! It's hard to part with pretty pieces of jewelry!
Warmly,
deb

Heirloom treasures said...

What a great idea. I am a bracelet person. Rarely go out without one. Love them. I so love vintage brooches too. Always on the look out for them. Must check out the jewelry site you mentioned.

The Old Parsonage said...

Morning

I wondered how people were making those bracelets - thanks for keeping me in the know!

Enjoy your week!
Leann

Karen said...

They are so pretty, uh oh, I feel another craft coming on lol. Thanks for stopping by.

Vicki said...

Hi, Debbie,
I, too, love vintage jewelry. I didn't know about the bracelet blanks that could be purchased. Thank you for letting me know. I am going to be on the lookout for some vintage jewelry pieces. I just wanted to take this opportunity to wish you and your family a happy and blessed Thanksgiving. I am thankful for your friendship! Vicki

Rebecca Nelson said...

Girlfriend...I LOVE THAT TREE and the bracelets are 2 die 4. Oh my gosh. I'm seeing pretties in my head! LOVE IT!

I can't wait to SEE what YOU create
(for me???)....teee heeee.

Love to you~

Rebecca

janzi said...

What a scrumtious delight these pictures are, how clever of you to get the rooms to look so wonderful..