Thursday, July 2, 2009

Pink Saturday

Hello friends, and welcome to Pink Saturday hosted by Beverly of http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/ I'd like to Show you some of my pretty pillows. Starting from the back left, I got this pillow from QVC a few yrs ago. It is made of ribbon flowers. So pretty and cottagy I thought. Next to that one on the right, I bought from e-bay. This is made from one of the newer materials with a roses and teacup pattern! Perfect for me! Best of all, it is filled with the most fragrant lavender buds. I got it 2 yrs ago, and when you squeeze it, the fragrance is still there. Perfect for your stuffy nose. Next, in front left, is a sweet little feminine lace pillow, adorned with a vintage doily, and cluster of roses in the center. The heart shaped one is made from vintage chenille bedspreads. They all sit in an old wood framed arm chair that was my grandma's. I threw a tablecloth over the chair, and then covered over that with another Quaker lace tablecloth to give it the layered look. I had seen that done in a magazine, and thought it was a great idea.

Aren't these little sachets just adorable? I also got these on e-bay. They are shaped like strawberries, and filled with lavender buds. Each one is decorated a little different using snippets of ribbon, lace, buttons, beads, pieces of old doilies, and flowers. I wanted to make some myself, but never seemed to get around to it lol! AI have seen these in so many colors and one is prettier than the other. There is no end to how you can decorate these. Even using vintage jewelry would be fabulous! They seemed to be a big hit on e-bay about a yr ago. I have them displayed in a little stemmed glass I found in Home Goods, on one of my end tables in the living room.
Well, I just love this little postcard. I got this image from sweet Dawn over at http://the-feathered-nest.blogspot.com/ She is the sweetest, and often shares a lot of her images for us to use in art work. I added a blue frame to this one, but I just love the little delicate pink flowers, and the pretty birds. I collect vintage postcards, and have made some nice collages with them, that I will share at another time. Thanks for stopping by, and hope you will come back again.
Have a great holiday weekend!
Debbie











I







28 comments:

tracy said...

Hello Debbie
Happy Pink Saturday
Those are very pretty pillows, lavender is a wonderful scent
Have a blessed day.
Tracy

My name is Riet said...

Happy pink Saturday. Those little pillows are lovely. Lavender is great for filling pillows to smell nicely

Jil~Say It With Roses said...

Happy Pink Saturday.....love your pillow collection. Isn't lavender a yummy scent? Helps with a headache, too!
Jil

Elena said...

Such gorgeous pretty things in your post. I love vintage pictures - the card you received is lovely.

Happy Pink Saturday!

Ciao,
Elena :)

Unknown said...

What pretty pillows. Happy Pink Saturday and Happy 4th of July!

Leslie said...

I love your little grouping of pillows...my favorite is the chenille one. Happy Pink 4th!

stefanie said...

beautiful, happy pink saturday, and a happy 4th.

fairiemoon said...

What lovely Pink Saturday contributions! I LOVE the pink flowers in your banner!

Happy Fourth of July and Pink Saturday rolled into one!
Erin :)

http://www.fairiemoon.typepad.com/

caren said...

Happy PS and 4th of July! Such cute little pinks!

Regina said...

So pretty pillows. Lovely blog.
Happy weekend.

Unknown said...

Your pillows are gorgeous as is your blog. Wishing you and yours a safe and happy 4th! .•*˙˙*•.HaPPy PiNk SaTuRdaY!.•*˙˙*•.

Cheers! =D
~Kitty Kellie
The Artful Paper Doll

Deanna said...

I think your pillows are really pretty. You're not going to believe this, but I have never smelled Lavender! Now I'm intrigued...lol!

¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*´¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ Happy Pink Saturday
Deanna :D

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Hi, Debbie, what beautiful pinkness you shared with us today. I'd be hard pressed to pick a favorite because they are all so lovely!

Happy Pink Saturday...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Debbie,
Your little pillows are so sweet in that lovely pink dish. Happy Pink Saturday & Happy July 4th!

Blessings,
Sandi

Claudia said...

The pillows are so pretty! And I love that vintage card- the graphics are so sweet. Happy Pink Saturday!

Simply Debbie said...

HAPPY PINK SATURDAY AND HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY, Debbie
I love your beautiful pillows and how you layered your chair
I am crazy about pillows and love lavender.
lovely post
Angel hugs
debbie
I am having my 100th post give away

Dru said...

What pretty pink pillows! I did not participate last week, so I would like to say Welcome and Happy Pink 4th!!

Gossamer Creations said...

Beautiful pinks today ! I hope you have a wonderful 4th of July and Happy Pink Saturday.
~Sue~

Susie Jefferson said...

A lovely collection!

Happy Pink Saturday & Happy Independence Day (early on Sunday morning in the UK)!

Anonymous said...

They sure are beautiful - both pillows and sachets. Isn't it nice to surround one's self with something pretty?

Happy Pink Weekend!

Mary Bergfeld said...

Debbie, what lovely pinks you assembled for us. They are beautiful. Have a great day.

The Old Parsonage said...

What romantic pillows, and I love the lavender sachets. Mmm, something about lavender...so romantic.

Please stop by if you have the time, I love visitors.

Leann

Unknown said...

Happy Pink 4th of July Saturday, Debbie! Those pillows are so precious! I love the scent of lavender! I have some going in my container garden!

The little sachets are too sweet!

Hope you and yoru loved ones had a lovely and safe 4th of July!

Tina

Bunny said...

Happy PS love your sachets too adorable.

Carol said...

Your pillows are gorgeous! I love the smell of lavender and use it throughout my home as little sachets tucked here and there.
Hope you had a nice 4th.

Carol

Mary said...

Oh, it's so nice to meet you, Debbie! I love your blog - it's lovely, and I LOVE pink! Everything you've done is beautiful and oh, so romantic! I didn't know about Pink Saturday, or I would have posted for today, but will next week. So glad you visited, and I'll be visiting you quite often! God bless you!

Mary said...

And oh, yes, Shari is an absolute doll! She's my
blogging genius"! So generous with her time and talent. I wish I could zip over to her house and help her paint!

bj said...

Hi, Debbie girl, I love love love all your pretty pillows.
I hope your weekend is going great..bwaaaa..it's almost over.
At least, I'm too old to have to go to a job on Mon. morning!! lol
Have a wonderful week...
xo bj